Last week I posted a repeat of an article from two years ago titled "Movie Music of Memory". Below is a repeat of a post listing some missed movie titles....
[On September 20, 2017] I posted a list of movies that, I think, have outstanding music scores. During my transcription from my handwritten notes I somehow missed Jaws. How could I not notice it missing?
Here are more titles; again, listed in no particular order:
1. Jaws [Williams]
2. Super Fly [Mayfield]
3. The Sand Pebbles [Goldsmith]
4. The Ten Commandments (1956) [E. Bernstein]
5. The Swimmer [Hamlisch]
6. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back [Williams]
7. Superman (1978) [Williams]
8. Rocky [Conti]
9. The Right Stuff [Conti]
10. Islands in the Stream [Goldsmith]
Many are missing, but that's enough. I had a hard time coming up with more recent titles. The state of film scoring today is pathetic, and has been for years.